Easy steps to become more sustainable.
September 2, 2021
In past years, sustainability has become increasingly important to be engaged in and many of us wish to make more sustainable choices in our everyday life. But it can often feel quite overwhelming as there are so many different things that can be done. This makes it difficult to decide where to start. That’s why we wanted to give some suggestions on easy steps to take to slowly incorporate more sustainable choices in your life.
Sustainability matters in everyone’s life
Every single small action that we take as individuals is beneficial to our planet and our environment. Becoming more sustainable can be everything from swapping single use plastic for reusable products to start growing herbs and vegetables at home. Every step we take counts towards a positive impact on the environment. That is why we have set up easy steps to start with to kickstart your sustainable journey.
Easy steps to take to become more sustainable:
1. Swap from single-use products to long-living sustainable products, e.g. cotton rounds and plastic razors. You won’t just do something great for the planet but also see a financial gain from not having to continuously buy these products.
2. Buy soap bars instead of soap bottles to minimize packaging as soap bars are often, if wrapped, done so in paper and not in plastic.
3. Cut down on your plastics purchases by investing in a reusable water bottle, a reusable shopping bag and wax food wraps.
4. Grow your own herbs and vegetables at home. If you get an indoor garden, like our Kurt, you can start growing your own plants and cut down on both food waste and packaging materials. Find Kurt here.
5. Buy seasonally and locally produced food in order to cut down on the environmental impact of the production and transportation of food. You can read more about seasonal food here in one of our recent blog posts here.
6. Buy less fast fashion and start buying clothes from second hand stores and sustainable brands.
We hope that this is a helpful guide to start being more sustainable in your everyday life. There are of course many more things that can be done but if you start small with a few actions, you can keep incorporating more actions to your lifestyle and become more sustainable.