7 benefits of growing your own herbs at home.
August 19, 2021
In recent years, it has become more and more popular to grow fresh herbs at home. But what are the benefits of growing herbs at home compared to buying herbs at the grocery store? We are giving you a list of all the benefits that come with growing your own herbs at home.
Benefits of growing herbs at home:
1. Save money: It can quickly get expensive to keep buying fresh herbs individually at the grocery store every time you need them. By growing herbs at home, you will always have fresh herbs available at all times.
2. It’s easy to grow at home: It can take minimal effort to get started growing herbs at home. You can either start with small plant pots or with a smart indoor herb garden, like Kurt.
3. Taste the difference: You can transform a whole meal by simply adding fresh herbs to it. Herbs bring lots of flavour and make your food taste better.
4. Herbs are healthy: Adding fresh herbs to your food is a great and easy way to add extra vitamins to your meals and are healthy for your body.
5. Bring green into your home: Growing herbs is a good way to get a greener home.
6. Reduce food and plastic waste: When growing your own herbs, you will be less likely to throw out unused herbs and you’ll spare the plastic packaging that herbs in grocery stores come with.
7. More variety in your meals: When you have fresh herbs around, you’ll be more likely to add them to more meals and bring some variety to your food.
If you’re interested in starting to grow fresh herbs with an indoor garden, you can have a look at our Kurt here. Kurt makes it possible to grow fresh herbs all year round. It comes with a LED grow light and a built-in watering system, which means that you only need to water your herbs once a month.